Sunday, September 24, 2006

The sun is out!

Yeah! What a blessing to see the sun shining and the kind of feeling of life it brings to ones spirit. I actually got some cleaning done and made Sunday dinner which I usually don't have time for since Sunday is a very busy day for my family. Weird since it's suppose to be the day of rest or should I say Saturday. It starts with me getting into the shower at 7am (I have 30 minutes to get most of my stuff done) than I feed Ian at 7:30am to a little after 8am. Hopefully Jason, my husband, is ready to take over Ian so I can finish getting ready. We're out the door by 8:50am. Sunday School starts at 9:15am and than service starts at 10:30am. We get home after 12:30pm since we grab something to eat at Jimmy John's. Feed Ian once more and than he goes for a nap around 1:30pm - 2:00pm. I get maybe an hour to my self b/c I make dinner(sometimes), feed Ian once more, and than we leave for church once more at 4:30pm. We get home after 7:30pm, feed & bathe Ian and put him to bed by 8:30pm or hopefully before 9pm. Wow, how life has changed since giving birth. Mostly to the good. Now I have to work on this body of mine.

This week I have a goal of going to a fitness center to see what kind of deal I can get for joining. I need to start getting this baby fat off of me. I see some women who after the first month look amazing! What happened me? Life, I suppose. I should give my self I little break since it's only been 3 months.

Time to start getting ready for bed. So tired....

6 Comments:

At September 28, 2006 4:01 PM, Blogger Talena said...

In the first few months of babyhood, I try not to dwell on how much of my day is spent on my arse feeding the baby. It is a lot, but I did enjoy it immensely. Well, moreso with the first one, since I wasn't having to keep both eyes on the other two little terrors to make sure they weren't getting into mischief while they knew Mommy couldn't do anything about it!

Also, I don't know why Luther didn't revert everyone back to Saturday worship at the Reformation. I'd attend a Saturday-worshiping church, except for all the local ones have some other doctrines I find a little kooky. Sigh. I remind myself that every day should be a day of worship, and take my day of rest where I can find it. (Ironically, it usually ends up being Saturday anyway, because as you say, Sundays are just busy.)

Bless you!

 
At September 28, 2006 6:13 PM, Blogger Candice Erickson said...

Jay says that the new church started meeting on Sunday b/c Chirst arose on that day called the Son's day. Saturday is still the day of rest though b/c it's still the original sabbath. So what did you do with the other kiddo's when you were nursing your youngest? Is there anything you can do with them? :o)

 
At September 28, 2006 6:17 PM, Blogger Candice Erickson said...

Acts 20:7
"Now on the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul, ready to depart the next day, spoke to them and continued his message until midnight."

 
At October 02, 2006 12:42 PM, Blogger Talena said...

Yes, I know, but the disciples actually met every day of the week back then, whenever it was convenient. And they also celebrated the Lord's supper practically every time they came together, too. They did not stop celebrating the Sabbath. It was actually a Roman emperor, Constantine I believe, who decided that Sunday should be the official day. It sprouted out of a conflict between Jewish and Gentile Christians--and it was also easier, since the pagans already worshiped their God on Sunday. (Constantine was also the one responsible for deciding that Christmas should be celebrated at the same time as the millenia-old celebration called Saturnalia, a 12-day pagan celebration of a god that was born by immaculate conception, supposedly--see information on the Babylonian religions.) There was a lot of anti-Semitism at the time, so they changed it to try to avoid association with Judaism if at all possible.

It's a good idea to find a good game for older siblings to play, or even put in a half-hour video, or something. Some moms suggest letting them "nurse" their own dolls, etc., so they feel like they are helping.

 
At October 03, 2006 12:31 AM, Blogger paulmerrill said...

Welcome to blogging!

And enjoy your cute kiddo. My cute kiddo (the youngest) is already 5! Time goes fast.

 
At October 03, 2006 8:54 AM, Blogger Candice Erickson said...

Nairobi Paul - Thanks for writing and the advise! I remind myself that spending time with him is more important than most things I want to do around the house. To enjoy this time of infantancy b/c once they start moving there's no turning back. How many kid's do you have?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home